guix-devel

Re: Error log analys from building ~2851 packages

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Error log analys from building ~2851 packages
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 18:18:47 +0100

On 2016-01-07 15:33, address@hidden wrote:
address@hidden skribis:

Would you like to know the results of my quest to build all packages?

This is interesting, thanks for doing it!

:D

Out of curiosity, what command did you use to do that?

I did this on GuixSD:
stopped the daemon: sudo deco stop guix-daemon
started the daemon again manually with --cache-failures

Get the package list:
guix package -A|pick the first field with cut/gawk >list

Then a bash for-loop along the lines of:
for $i in `cat list` ; echo "building $i" && do guix build $i --verbosity=1 -c 2 1<&2 build.log ; done

Then follow the build with:
tail -F build.log

I would like to provide a more convenient interface, like
‘guix build --all’ or something like that.

Sounds like a good idea. I would prefer if guix build to be able to instruct the daemon to cache failures if possible.

cheers