guix-devel

Re: Gmp 6.1 in core-updates

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Gmp 6.1 in core-updates
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 18:58:44 +0100

Andreas Enge <address@hidden> skribis:

> I just had a quick look at gmp-6.1.0, to which I updated in core-updates,
> and which causes failures on arm.
>
> When trying to build from hand with "make check -j 4", I got the following:
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target '../libgmp.la', needed by 't-bswap'.
> Stop.
> Apparently, the checks were started before the library was compiled.
>
> Well, that is not what we do. But it raises suspicions whether a parallel
> build works.

This is weird, but indeed, not what gnu-build-system does.

> Then I tried "make -j 4", which completed, followed by "make -j 4 check".
> One of the tests fails:
> FAIL: reuse
> See tests/mpz/test-suite.log

Isn’t it again an instance of presumed overheating, as discussed in
<http://bugs.gnu.org/21620>?

These tests are purely computational AFAIK, so I don’t see how running
tests in parallel could possibly lead to failures.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: Forget my other message on this subject, which I sent before reading
    yours.