guix-devel

Re: getting started test-building packages without breaking the system p

From: anonymiss
Subject: Re: getting started test-building packages without breaking the system profile?
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 14:11:20 -0500

Okay, this makes sense to me.
I'll try if I can make it to test-build (the only part I am not exactly sure of is which set of modules is needed (this could be solved by just appending/copying the relevant part of gnunet-gtk into the gnunet.scm), and how to reproduce
src_configure() {
               econf \
                               --docdir="${EPREFIX}/usr/share/doc/${PF}" \
                               --with-gnunet=/usr || die "econf failed"

}

for guix. I've already written build recipes for gnunet and gnunet-gtk for Gentoo (not yet merged into portage because we're still doing quality checking for it) so I have the compile instructions, but for another system.
Or is the entire part in src_configure unnecessary here?

gnunet-gtk is an independent, own package in the GNUnet sources (it has its own svn directory) which comes with some tools not provided in gnunet, but recommended to use with (configuration, setup,...).

--anonymiss
Email is public. Talk to me in private:
http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/anonymiss/
irc://loupsycedyglgamf.onion:67/anonymiss
https://psyced.org:34443/anonymiss/
for bitmessage and more: http://krosos.sdf.org