guix-devel

Re: ath9k vs. Linux-libre 4.1.2, and default kernel

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: ath9k vs. Linux-libre 4.1.2, and default kernel
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 10:51:28 -0400

> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:
>
>> With all that in mind, I’m inclined to use 4.0.8 as the default kernel
>> for the release (specifically, as the default value of the ‘kernel’
>> field.)
>
> Done in dcd9c25.
>
> We’ll of course revisit that after the release.

This was fine at the time, but now I think we need to remove
linux-libre-4.0, because it is no longer supported and there are
probably unpatched security flaws in it now.  The final release of that
line was 4.0.9, which was released at the same time as 4.1.3.  Now 4.1.4
has been released, but there will apparently never be a 4.0.10.

I'm currently doing a test build of 4.1.4.  If it succeeds, I will
update to it, and then, in the absence of objections, I will make the
latest linux-libre the default kernel and remove linux-libre-4.0.

      Mark