guix-devel

Call for testing : guix-tox, a version of tox that uses "guix environmen

From: Cyril Roelandt
Subject: Call for testing : guix-tox, a version of tox that uses "guix environment".
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 02:46:42 +0200

Hey!

Those of who you write Python code probably know tox[1], a tool used to
manage tests/builds for Python. It uses virtualenv[2], which allows
developers to create "isolated" environments and install packages
without polluting their systems.

I hacked tox to replace virtualenv with "guix environment". The code is
available at https://git.framasoft.org/Steap/guix-tox , in the
"guix-tox" branch (the master branch is just a mirror of tox). Note that
I will probably use "git push -f" on this branch :) I explained the
details in README.rst.

If there are Python developers on this list, I would love to know what
they think about this. I intend to propose a 20 minute talk about
guix-tox at the next PyConFR.

print("Happy Hacking!")

Cyril.

[1] https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/tox