guix-devel

Re: Gmp test failure on armhf

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Gmp test failure on armhf
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 22:12:07 +0200

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:39:32PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Could you post the relevant excerpt of the build log, or
> ‘test-suite.log’?

Well, I tried to build it by hand, and it worked; then I tried again with
a recent git version, and it also worked.

Since I noticed a "FIXME" in the gmp package, I worked on that. The
attached patch backports a fix to config.guess in the gmp trunk that
correctly detects the neon architecture on multicore arm machines, instead
of explicitly passing the build triplet.

For testing purposes and your scrutiny, I added a new package gmp-arm; as
indicated in the log message, my real intent is to modify the gmp package
itself, which should be done in a new core-updates cycle. This would also
be the occasion to update mpfr.

Andreas