guix-devel

--with-store-dir and/or --localstatedir seem to be ignored

From: Alex Vorobiev
Subject: --with-store-dir and/or --localstatedir seem to be ignored
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 04:07:39 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I have built guix-0.8.2 and specified both --with-store-dir and --
localstatedir (both directories are world-writable) but when I started
guix-daemon (as myself) and tried to install a package I got:

$ guix package -i mc
guix package: error: build failed: creating directory `/gnu': Permission
denied

Am I doing anything wrong? Why would it want to go to /gnu? I am using
RHEL-6.5.

Thanks,
Alex