guix-devel

Troubles with install image

From: David Thompson
Subject: Troubles with install image
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 21:54:07 -0400

Tonight I was almost able to get guix installed on a Thinkpad X60S.  The
USB image booted and my OS configuration was valid, but the installation
failed.  Due to hydra.gnu.org being unresponsive, Guix tried to compile
Guix 0.6 and ran out of memory while doing so (no swap space).

Since hydra seems to always be under a lot of stress, I wonder if I
should set up another machine of mine to serve substitutes or even just
offload builds so that my installation can complete.  Is this relatively
easy to set up?

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org