guix-devel

Status of the Loongson/MIPS N32 port

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Status of the Loongson/MIPS N32 port
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 01:55:40 -0500

Hello MIPS Guix,

The Loongson/MIPS N32 port is now able to build a majority of the
packages in Guix, on the 'loongson' branch which closely tracks
'master'.  See below for a list of specific packages that I've
successfully built on my YeeLoong 8101B (with Loongson 2F), but
first I should mention the current set of problem packages:

  xorg-server (doesn't deal gracefully with the lack of DRI support in Mesa)
  qt (bad assembly for the sync instruction is getting generated)
  ocaml (generic fallbacks for asm code generation seem to be broken)
  qemu (link error while trying link qemu-i386:
          /nix/store/*-glibc-2.18/lib/librt.so:
             could not read symbols: File in wrong format)
  scheme48 (bus error)
  pari-gp (segfaults)
  gprolog (configure says "unsupported architecture")
  mit-scheme (our recipe doesn't work for bootstrapping from C)

There are several packages that I've not yet been able to attempt,
simply because they depend on one of the packages above.  For example,
I've successfully built gtk+-2 but not yet gtk+-3, because gtk+-3
depends on xorg-server.

Anyway, here's the slightly excerpted list of packages that I've built.

    Mark

acct-6.6.1
acl-2.2.51
alive-2.0.2