guix-devel

Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Brasero, or gnome without gnome
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 21:48:58 +0200

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 11:10:54PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I don’t think this matches the definition of a side effect.  ;-)

Indeed, no, it it more the other way round: The environment has an impact
on the function value. Concretely, the user environment would depend
not only on the packages that are installed, but also on the glib
version that is current at the moment of installation. While this glib
can be seen as an additional input, so functionality is not disturbed,
I still think it is not really desirable, and I would prefer a solution
"local" to each packet. But here, I do not see any.

Andreas