guile-user

Re: Evaluation with function whitelist

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Evaluation with function whitelist
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 12:40:36 +0200

Hi Mike,

…
> Using the real repl is probably a no-go, since it has meta-commands
> like ",m" that would let the user ignore your whitelist.
>
> I didn't really test this, but it should be mostly correct.

Sandboxed Evaluation may also be interesting for this:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Sandboxed-Evaluation.html
(to prevent users from blocking the process)

If you want a long term view for the most powerful approach that
preserves allow-listing, see Spritely Goblins:
https://spritely.institute/files/docs/guile-goblins/latest/A-simple-greeter.html

Best wishes,
Arne
--