guile-user

Re: [ANN] Guile Hall 0.3.0 released

From: Christopher Lemmer Webber
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile Hall 0.3.0 released
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 12:36:36 -0400

Catonano writes:

> Now, I like to remind that Ludo had proposed to _mention_ guile-hall in the
> guix.texi manual !!
>
> Here:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2018-07/msg00002.html
>
> "I think we should advertise it widely"
>
> I wholeheartedly agree
>
> This is an important step in making the Guile user experience less rough
>
> Where, in the manual, should such mention be placed ?

The comparative frustration I had with having to use autotools for
simple guile projects vs when I was developing in Racket was one of the
things that came up in my FOSDEM talk last year.  I didn't know that in
my absence Guile Hall came to be, though people told me later.

I'm excited that Guile Hall has reduced this overhead considerably, so I
agree with all the above.  That's all to say, thank you Alex for working
on one of the most important problems in Guile!  This is great!