guile-sources

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals

From: Federation of International Trade Associations
Subject: Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 08:58:06 -0400

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals

Wednesday, August 7, 2002 Issue 39   VOLUME 2 ISSUE 16
WELCOME
http://www.fita.org

Here's your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals. This free bi-weekly newsletter reviews useful Web sites from the Web Resources database at FITA's International Trade/ Import-Export Portal at www.fita.org, an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of 4,000+ sites related to international trade.

My name is John McDonnell, and for years I've been writing about useful Web sites for businesspeople, in various publications. Now I've focused on international trade, using my Web research skills to find sites that are useful for international businesspeople, and some sites that are just plain fun for anyone.

Here are the sites:

NEW AT FITA: TOOLS OF THE TRADE
http://fita.org/webcasts.html

There's a new feature at the FITA Web site, and it's something educational and very useful. Tools of the Trade at www.fita.org/webcasts.html is an interactive broadcast e-seminar, with 16 free video sessions that will teach you the basics of exporting. You can view these videos right on your computer, at your convenience (the whole seminar takes four hours). Tools of the Trade is part of a service that includes international business broadcasts and global trade videos (also called Webcasts, netcasts, streaming media, etc.) that cover a wide variety of topics. These videos, by Globalspeak.com gTV, have lots of practical information about exporting and export processes, worldwide business opportunities, foreign market access, government trade programs, and more. The videos are available 24 hours a day, and they're easy to use (you simply need Windows Media Player to play them, and a pop-up box will take you to a site where you can download it).

OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- CEEBIC
http://www.mac.doc.gov/ceebic

The fifteen countries in the region of Central and Eastern Europe have gone through enormous changes in the last two decades, and along with change has come opportunity for businesspeople. If you're interested in doing business in this region, I recommend that you look at Central and Eastern Europe Business Information Center (CEEBICnet) at www.mac.doc.gov/ceebic, a U.S. Department of Commerce site that has a wealth of detail. CEEBICnet is targeted to U.S. businessespeople who want to export their wares, so it has a lot of news and information about trade, but it's valuable for anyone who's interested in the region. Just click on a country in the left column, and you'll discover a treasure trove of information about every aspect of that country's political, economic, and cultural life.

There are lots more links to Europe at the FITA site. Go to FITA's International Trade Web Resources at fita.org/webindex, click on Regional Resources and Multi-Lateral Trading Areas in the left column or "Search by Country or Region" in the right column, and then scroll down to Europe and select a country or "Eastern Europe" in the pop-up window . Or simply type "Eastern Europe" in the search box at www.fita.org.

THE FITA BUY/SELL EXCHANGE
http://fita.worldbid.com

FITA and Worldbid.com have launched a new International Buy/Sell exchange. The FITA Buy/Sell Exchange at fita.worldbid.com is FITA's new business-to-business marketplace that helps your company find more business by delivering tender opportunities, RFQ's and qualified offers to buy and sell. You will have access to a global network of affiliated trade sites that work together to bring together businesses across borders. Take a look!

TRAVEL RESEARCH
http://www.dotheresearch.com/travel

I've always found that if I want to have a successful vacation, I have to do the research, and find out everything about where I'm going and how I'm getting there. If you're like me, you'll love Do The Research at www.dotheresearch.com/travel, a travel site that helps you plan the perfect trip or vacation. The home page is easy to use -- you just click on a category (Air Travel, Car/Vehicle Rentals, Rail Travel, Travel Articles & Guides, etc.) and you'll be able to start researching or making reservations for your trip.

SEARCH ENGINES & NEWSWIRES
http://www.internets.com

I don't like noodling around when I'm online. I like to find what I'm looking for as fast as possible. That's why I often start out at Internets.com's Search Engines Database and Newswires www.internets.com. This page has links to thousands of online resources -- things like news feeds, archives, libraries, research databases, catalogs, and statistical data in categories ranging from Air Travel to Women. There are resources listed here that I haven't seen anywhere else, so this site is worth a visit if you want to make sure you've covered all the bases in your search.

If you'd like to search back issues of Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals, there's a search page at http://fita.org/useful/search.html.

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives.html.

If you are reading this because it was forwarded to you by a colleague and want to subscribe, go to the bottom of this page to the Subscriptions section or simply click here, enter your email address and click on "add."

If you wish to unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page to the Subscriptions section or simply click here, enter your email address and click on "remove."

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Archive
Issue 38
July 24, 2002
Vol. 2 Issue 15
Issue 37
July 10, 2002
Vol. 2 Issue 14
Issue 36
June 25, 2002
Vol. 2 Issue 13
Issue 35
June 11, 2002
Vol. 2 Issue 12
Issue 34
May 28, 2002
Vol. 2 Issue 11

[MORE]
   Click on a past issue number to see its content.
   Full archives can be found at
http://fita.org/useful/archives.html.
   Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals can be searched at
   http://fita.org/useful/search.html

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2002 The Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights reserved.

Subscriptions

Enter your email address in the box below to receive an email each time we post a new issue of our newsletter:

Add Remove
Send as HTML