Re: [EXT] (ice-9 base64)?

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: [EXT] (ice-9 base64)?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 12:16:55 -0400

+1 to that. I do the same thing in my own projects. Guix does it, too.

- Dave

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 12:11 PM Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <aconchillo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In many projects I've been copying Göran Weinholt's base64 implementation and I've also seen it in other projects, would it make sense to include it in Guile's standard library?

I guess it's hard to know where to draw a line and different languages do different things. I actually like Golang's approach where they provide a bunch of base libraries (web, crypto, etc.) and it seems that's where Guile was going by including a web library.You could always use a different implementation if it existed.

Anyways, I think (ice-9 base64) would be a nice addition.

Just a thought.

Aleix