Re: GC + Java finalization

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: GC + Java finalization
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 07:12:59 -0800

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 11:14:16AM +0100, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:

> Jonas Hahnfeld via "Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library"
> <guile-devel@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > [[PGP Signed Part:Good signature from 91C9C33D2C61ACDB Jonas Hahnfeld
> > <jonas.hahnfeld@gmail.com> (trust undefined) created at
> > 2021-11-19T13:18:31+0100 using RSA]]
> > Am Sonntag, dem 10.10.2021 um 18:22 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld via
> > Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library:
> >> Am Donnerstag, dem 15.07.2021 um 20:44 +0200 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld via
> >> Developers list for Guile, the GNU extensibility library:

> >> Ping, is there anybody looking at patches sent to the mailing list?
> >
> > Last ping before I give up...
>
> Did someone now look into the patches?

Arne,

It is likely that a few people saw the patches, but, no one person
with commit access felt like he or she should be the person to fix it
or champion it.

The maintainers have always seemed amenable to allowing the committers
to fix things without a lot of process, but, Guile as a project
is not structured to encourage committers to look through the patch
and bug backlog.

I've seen some e-mail traffic about how to fix it, but, I don't think
a consensus had been reached.

(I say this as a bystander and former committer; I don't speak for
the project.)

-Mike