Re: Fwd: [Patch] definitions in when, unless, do as well as in cond- and

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Patch] definitions in when, unless, do as well as in cond- and case-clauses
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 06:56:37 +0100

Historical garage maybe. I just remember some old bug in WebKit where let was a
lot slower than var because it created what was called lexical context which
affected interpreter speed because of some kind of linear time variable lookup.

Anyway, that stuff doesn't apply to guile versions after 2. Especially since a
(let () body ...) where the body contains no (define ...) gets converted to a
(begin body ...) by the optimizer.

The behaviour of begin Vs let is well specified and any begin outside of a body
context is just chain of expressions. It just lacks internal definitions.

--
  Linus Björnstam