Re: Fwd: [Patch] definitions in when, unless, do as well as in cond- and

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Patch] definitions in when, unless, do as well as in cond- and case-clauses
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 18:36:33 +0100

Stefan Israelsson Tampe schreef op za 05-02-2022 om 18:31 [+0100]:
> Hmm this was wrong, I mean
>
> For conditional variables we have a default begin. So then why on
> earth do you not have an implicit let?, Just laziness?

Do you mean Guile in general, or the particular example I gave?
Also, I don't know what you mean with ‘for conditional variables we
have a default begin’ -- what's a ‘default begin’ here, and also Guile
doesn't (currently) have conditional variables.

> There should  be a good reason or? this is a pretty fundamental
> change that I support but then we should not be lazy not trying to
> understand the design choices of the old beards.

I think the thread of the following message
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2002-11/msg00039.html>
is relevant, though I've only just started reading it.

Greetings,
Maxime.