Re: Scheme+

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Scheme+
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:33:11 +0000

Linus Björnstam schreef op ma 20-12-2021 om 09:15 [+0100]:
> I played around with it and it seems to rely heavily on mutation,
> which makes guile (and chez and racket for that matter) box the
> values. That adds a layer of indirection to memory access, meaning
> slower code (apart from the more obvious problems of continuation
> safety and threading safety).

Concerning thread-safety and continuation safety: as long as
continuations aren't resumed multiple times (*), and as long as no
closures are passed, then the mutation doesn't make any observable
difference (except fastness).

(*) E.g., the continuations that guile-fibers construct are resumed
only once.

Greetings,
Maxime.