Re: Maintenance and future of Guile

From: Taylan Kammer
Subject: Re: Maintenance and future of Guile
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 22:15:14 +0100

On 15.12.2021 11:20, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> While Andy focuses on major improvements to the compiler and VM with a
> long-term vision, I think it would be great to also have people on the
> maintainer team focusing on more day-to-day operations: incremental
> improvements, bug fixes, etc.  I think we’re lucky that there’ve been a
> number of talented contributors chiming in over the last couple of
> years; let’s take advantage of this, at last!

Sounds like a good idea.  Andy obviously does amazing work and I'm sure
I'm not the only one who's grateful for your contributions as well :-)
but having even some small patches for obvious bugfixes sit around for
months is a bit disheartening.

I won't apply because I don't feel like I'd be up to the task on a
technical level (my C skills in particular suck, my knowledge of Guile
internals is also quite limited) and I have way too many unfinished
projects plus a somewhat stressful 40h/week job...

But I would definitely like to contribute some small patches every now
and then if I know I'll get feedback / have them applied.

--
Taylan