Re: Maintenance and future of Guile

From: Blake Shaw
Subject: Re: Maintenance and future of Guile
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 20:35:30 +0700

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> If someone is interested, please get in touch with us!
>
> While Andy focuses on major improvements to the compiler and VM with a
> long-term vision, I think it would be great to also have people on the
> maintainer team focusing on more day-to-day operations: incremental
> improvements, bug fixes, etc.  I think we’re lucky that there’ve been a
> number of talented contributors chiming in over the last couple of
> years; let’s take advantage of this, at last!

Just want to chime in as a new Guile to say that while I'm still
learning, I'm happy to work on any "chores" if there is guidance on how
to do so. exploring guile has been half the fun so far.

I know CHICKEN has a team of "janitors"; perhaps Guile could benefit
from adopting a similar approach?

--
“In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni”