Re: Guile 3 and wip-elisp/Emacs

From: Christine Lemmer-Webber
Subject: Re: Guile 3 and wip-elisp/Emacs
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 12:11:04 -0400

Christine Lemmer-Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> Well, *something* isn't ready to go:
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> (+ 1 2)
> $3 = 3
> scheme@(guile-user)> ,L elisp
> Happy hacking with Emacs Lisp!  To switch back, type `,L scheme'.
> elisp@(guile-user)> (+ 1 2)
> $4 = 3
> elisp@(guile-user)> (cons 'foo '())
> $25 = (foo)
> elisp@(guile-user) [10]>
>
> Hoo, 10 levels deep!

I missed earlier in the thread that Gregg said that we should use
--disable-jit.  Once I did that it was fine.  So ignore this bit!

 - Christine

PS: An aside: wrong name in previous email; I never use gnus anymore,
apparently loading it accidentally the other day loaded a stale
~/.gnus.el and lead to me deadnaming myself with an old
  (setq user-full-name ...)
!!!  Watch out for stale elisp!