Re: Guile 3 and wip-elisp/Emacs

From: Gregg Sangster
Subject: Re: Guile 3 and wip-elisp/Emacs
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 16:01:33 +0200

Hello,

I have wip-elisp rebased all the way up to main as of a few days ago
(e60469c8b6936575c079faaffa40a340e1d49f3c) plus two changes from Ricardo.  It's
available here:

https://git.sr.ht/~g20r/guile

There is one test failure in "make check" on test-out-of-memory.  I haven't
investigated it yet but I get the same failure on main.  If that's not an
expected failure, it might be a problem with my environment.

There is also an emacs repo here:

https://git.sr.ht/~g20r/emacs

which uses the 3.0-based wip-elisp.  It builds and runs but segfaults easily.
I've started rebasing it on a more current emacs.  Those changes aren't
published yet.

I haven't been able to get the guile-emacs package in guix working.  The build
gets stuck at collecting/processing OKURI-NASI entries after a few hours.  For
comparison, the 3.0-based guile-emacs builds in about 20 minutes on my machine.
 If anyone has that running, it would be nice to have a comparison of the
build/run speed.