Re: Implementing Guile with a Windows port

From: Taylan Kammer
Subject: Re: Implementing Guile with a Windows port
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 20:10:15 +0200

On 09.10.2021 14:01, Andrew Goh wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I was wondering if the GNU Guile development team had thought of implementing
> a GNU Guile version for Microsoft Windows operating systems (Win 10, 11), to
> be used as a plug-in on JetBrains Intellij IDEA Ultimate, Community IDE and
> the VS Code IDE.
>
> Regards,
>

> --- Andrew Goh

Hi Andrew,

I can't speak for the developers, but as far as I can tell, there isn't the
right combination of willingness and resources to support a native port of
GNU Guile for MS Windows.

As far as I know, there's a MinGW port, but if I'm not mistaken it's partly
neglected and not as feature-rich as the "normal" GNU/Linux version.

--
Taylan