Re: thoughts on targetting the web

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: thoughts on targetting the web
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 01:34:48 +0200

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> Anyway, thoughts welcome.  Happy hacking :)

This sounds great — thank you!

I personally would already be happy if I could start by replacing my
small biwascheme utility by guile-based webassembly:

https://www.draketo.de/software/matrikellanguage.scm

Currently used via

<script src="biwascheme.js">
  (load "matrikellanguage.scm")
  (let loop ()
      (wait-for "#matrikelnummer" "input")
      (set-content! "#result" (matrikel->pair (get-content "#matrikelnummer")))
      (console-log "ok.")
      (loop))
</script>

on https://www.draketo.de/software/vorlesung-netztechnik#nummer-zu-sprache

Doing this in biwascheme looks good for this small utility, but when I
tried to do anything bigger, I found that biwascheme does not provide
the namespacing of Scheme, so I broke variables. It looks like scheme
and is pretty nice to use, but it is not really Scheme.

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein