Re: new function

From: Matt Wette
Subject: Re: new function
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 07:41:04 -0700

On 9/19/21 12:54 AM, Damien Mattei wrote:
hello,
i'm developing an extension to Scheme
and i need a procedure or macro that define a variable only if it is not bind and if it is just set! it.

I can not do it in Guile or any Scheme,and i'm desperately searching a way to do that. I finally conclude that it can be done only by adding it in the language.

Can someone include a such function in Guile next release?
i know guile have a predicate defined? to test binfing of a vairable but writing a macro with it is not possible because define can be used in an expression context.

Thank in advance for any help
Damien

Check the manual.

scheme@(guile-user)> (define-once a 1)