Re: thoughts on targetting the web

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: thoughts on targetting the web
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:55:59 +0200

Chris Lemmer-Webber schreef op zo 20-06-2021 om 10:14 [-0400]:
> Weakmaps are a thing these days I think:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/WeakMap

Nice, though it doesn't allow enumerating keys
(which is reasonable enough in practice)
and it doesn't support weak-value maps (where the reference
to the value is weak) and doubly-weak maps.

(I never used weak-value or doubly-weak maps though)

Also (unrelated), I have patch for ephemeral-key hash tables in Guile,
but it's buggy (the values sometimes become random heap objects
in some situations??) so I'll try to debug it first.

Greetings,
Maxime.