Re: Guile extensions path (includes PATCH)

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: Re: Guile extensions path (includes PATCH)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:07:11 -0700

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks,

Aleix

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:54 PM Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <aconchillo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was adding guile-ncurses to homebrew-guile and realized there might be an issue in the documentation.

According to this:

the extensions directory is /usr/lib/guile/3.0/ (or /usr/local/lib/guile/3.0/m depending on your libdir). This is the directory where guile-ncurses installs libguile-ncurses library.

However, I then saw that guile-readline was installed in /usr/local/lib/guile/3.0/extensions. I initially thought this was a Homebrew specific location. I looked at the Formula but there's nothing specific to Homebrew there.

Then, I looked at guile and found this:

which indicates the extensions path is really /usr/lib/guile/3.0/extensions.

I patched guile-ncurses with this and it works fine now on macOS.

In case this is correct, I'm including a patch to fix the manual.

Best,

Aleix