define-inlinable* : a define-inlinable with lambda*-behaviour.

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: define-inlinable* : a define-inlinable with lambda*-behaviour.
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 09:13:22 +0200

I just found that (ice-9 optargs) has defmacro*, which made me think about a
question that has popped up on irc about once every 4 months: why isn't there a
define-inlinable*?

I have a working implementation, and I want to know if there is any interest to
include it in guile. Either in boot-9.scm, or as a friend of defmacro* in
(ice-9 opt-args).

A straight forward simple implementation would have a regression over
define-inlinable: define-inlinable does arg count validation, which is a lot
less simple when you have keywords and/or optional arguments. Would this be an
acceptable regression if they are implemented as two distinct macros?

If one does a proper define-inlinable*, it can be used to implement
define-inlinable (since that would be the simple case for it).

What do the maintainers think?
--
  Linus Björnstam