alist and assq

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: alist and assq
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 20:34:05 -0400

Hi:

I am not a programmer.  Have some understanding of scheme.   I have a question that I cannot find the answer to on the net.    I joined this group to ask if someone would help me find the answer.

I am looking for a manual or whatever that will explain in detail how an alist is stored in memory and how it works at this level.    Also, how assq and assq-ref work, what is past to the alist at the same level.   Also, the source code would be good.

Thank you, ƒg