Re: unhandled constant?

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: unhandled constant?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 15:57:41 +0100

Guile1.8's macros are run-time macros: they are executed directly and not
transformed to output code that is then compiled. That is the reason why your
code works: to newer guiles the (inner ...) is only available at expansion
time. The macro output is trying to call code that does not exist at runtime!

For this to be working code the (inner ...) function needs to be available in
the macro expansion. I didn't read through exactly what you are trying to do,
but try outputting a let:

`(let ((inner (lambda (n v) (set ! ...))))
  (inner ,name ,value))

I doubt you can make the old code work in newer guiles, since I doubt any
scheme is a s lax about expansion time and macro time separation.
--
  Linus Björnstam