Re: Better HTTPS support in (web client)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Better HTTPS support in (web client)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 11:05:17 +0100

Hello!

Chris Vine <address@hidden> skribis:

> Is the new implementation usable with suspendable ports?  When I last
> looked the read-response-body procedure was not, which meant that
> http-get and http-put were not, which meant that you could not really
> use them with fibers.

It’s not a “new implementation”, rather additional (and IMO important)
features that are added.

So it works as before, meaning that data is passed through a GnuTLS
“session record port”.  And that, in turn, that means this is not
suspendable, unfortunately.

To address that, it should be possible to avoid the session record port
and instead use the lower-level GnuTLS ‘record-receive!’ and
‘record-send’ procedures.  This is left as an excercise to the reader.
:-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.