Re: guile 3 update, halloween edition

From: Sjoerd van Leent
Subject: Re: guile 3 update, halloween edition
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 17:44:03 +0100

Op wo 30 okt. 2019 21:55 schreef Andy Wingo <address@hidden>:

Thoughts welcome!  Also: should these structured error objects be named
exceptions or conditions?  SRFI-35, R6RS, and R7RS say "conditions", but
racket and my heart say "exceptions"; wdyt?

To my experience they are different things. An exception breaks execution until caught/handled whereas conditions don't necessarily break execution, and are of more informational nature. What is described are exceptions (flow outside of the expected flow) yet thee should still be a condition based solution, perhaps using continuation mechanisms.

My 2 cents
Sjoerd