Re: Contributions to “Guile Studio”

From: spectrumgomas
Subject: Re: Contributions to “Guile Studio”
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 09:27:57 +0100 (CET)

Guile Studio is a great idea but If I had to make a wish it would be Mike Gran will continue to develop The Gano Project http://gano.sourceforge.net/ and from there someone would make some kind of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borland_Turbo_C .

Oct 28, 2019, 19:09 by address@hidden:

Hi Mark,

I’m glad you consider this to be useful!
Guile Studio is not supposed to be yet another pre-configured Emacs; its
goal is just to provide a comfortable environment that works best for
playing with Guile. I’d like to have less surprising window management,
but I don’t know of any clear, simple and obvious solution. I just
don’t want windows to pop up and seemingly replace others, and I want
the management of how windows are arranged to be done manually and via
simple buttons. Any ideas about how to achieve this?

I wonder if the Emacs community would be a good place to ask.
What do you think?

I should do that; it’s just that I’m not really sure of what exactly I
want here. There are countless solutions (like setting windows to be
dedicated, for example), but each of them comes with potential
drawbacks. I would need to know what “less surprising” really means to
me (and inexperienced users), so that I can evaluate the drawbacks and
constrain the set of solutions.

Perhaps the new tabs feature that is now available in the latest
unreleased version of Emacs might be of interest here.

--
Ricardo