Re: Distributed verification of release tarballs using Guix? (was Re: Re

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Distributed verification of release tarballs using Guix? (was Re: Releasing 2.2.5?)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 10:27:58 +0100

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 22:56, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ludovic,

> Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I've finished my updates to the NEWS file in preparation for the 2.2.5
>> release.  Feel free to reorganize, edit, or expand on the NEWS entries
>> as you think best.  I believe that all of the relevant changes are
>> listed, anyway.
>
> Thanks a *lot* for all the preparation work, that made things really
> easy for me.

Given the enormous amount of important work you've been doing on Guix,
and Andy's exciting work on the JIT compiler, it's entirely appropriate
for me to take care of most of the Guile stable release work.

Thank you to all of you for continuing to push Guile forward!  It seems like interesting and rigorous developments are coming all the time now, and I also love how central it is in Guix.

Best wishes,
    Neil