Re: Libgettextpo wrapper for Guile

From: amirouche
Subject: Re: Libgettextpo wrapper for Guile
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 01:04:38 +0200

Hello all!

On 2019-05-05 20:45, Bruno Haible wrote:
Hi Miguel,

an external project would be useful anyway as
does not require a version update of neither Gettext nor Guile to start
using it

A separate project also means an independent release cycle.

How are other Guile bindings organized?
- guile-cairo separate project https://www.nongnu.org/guile-cairo/
- guile-gnome         separate project
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/
- guile-git separate project https://gitlab.com/guile-git/guile-git
- libgccjit           separate project
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gccjit-guile/
- guile-gnutls        at gnutls
https://www.gnutls.org/manual/gnutls-guile.html
- zeromq              at zeromq
http://zeromq.org/bindings:guile-binding
- gmp                 part of guile
https://gmplib.org/manual/Language-Bindings.html

The majority seems to have chosen to be available as separate project.

Miguel you decide to host, I can create a repository at source hut
so that you don't have to pay (the less evil, most free except you
must to host project yourself).

Also, I can review you code if you send it to me.

Best regards,

Amirouche ~ amz3