Re: FOSDEM 2019

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2019
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 17:58:43 +0100

Hi,

Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> skribis:

> What does it mean in practice? What are the tasks that must dealt with?

Like I wrote, an immediate task is to write a Racket importer for Guix¹
and to actually package things.

Next, we could ensure the subset of these packages that use #r6rs can
also be used as Guile packages.  However Chris noted that there are few
of them; most use #lang racket.

Thus, the next idea is to have #lang racket in Guile, which is quite a
bit of work but probably doable.  And the converse: #lang guile in
Racket.

There are probably other things that could be done, or variants on this
theme.

Is that clearer?

Thanks,
Ludo’.