Re: ping: Fixes for guile.m4

From: alex sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: ping: Fixes for guile.m4
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 07:44:02 +0000

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to test, and for the background info. I hadn't considered the bug tracker!

I'll see if we can get it in there :)

Cheers,

Alex

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019, 14:42 Mike Gran <address@hidden wrote:
On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 09:25:17AM +0000, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In December Aleix proposed the following patch to address an issue in
> guile.m4 whereby guile programs using the autotools infrastructure would
> not find guile and other tools on distributions such as Ubuntu:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2018-12/msg00002.htm

+1 on getting this incorporated.  I tested the patch and it worked
for me.

> Guile-Hall, which aims to be a newbie friendly way to create new, and
> manage existing guile projects, is also affected by this issue.
>
> What's the status at this point?  Is there anything that needs to happen
> before this patch can be merged into Guile?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Alex

It isn't so easy to get one-off patches noticed right now, as far
as I can tell.  Sometimes, you have better luck by putting them
in the bug-tracker, and then Mark might notice them.

-Mike