Re: source and compiled file installtion locations

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: source and compiled file installtion locations
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 21:03:14 -0300

Hello Guilers,

> 1-    no --use-guile-site
>
> in this case, imo, locations should be
>
>       $(datarootdir)/<project-name>   [ source

FWIW,

This is what guile-gnome does, and it also does it in $(libdir), $(includedir)
...,

It does it using guile-gnome API version, not guile effective version, which I
also
think 'projects' should do, so currently, guile-gnome pure scheme modules land
in:

        $(datarootdir)/guile-gnome-2

        [ except for the doc, installed in
        [       $(docdor)/guile-gnome-platform/

The only module that guile-gnome installs in $(datarootdir)/guile/site (and not
$(datarootdir)/guile/site/GUILE_EFFECTIVE_VERSION as I also claim we should not
do
this) is gnome-2, a module that users import to 'inform' guile of source, lib
locations (which they also can do sing the guile-gnome-2 script ...)

Cheers,
David