Re: Rename GNU fdisk to GUILE diskutils

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Rename GNU fdisk to GUILE diskutils
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 10:27:12 +0800

Personally, I don't think adding guile prefix to a package name is the way to advocating Guile, unless it's Guile specific program and used by Guile only.
GNU Artanis is written in pure Guile scheme, but the name doesn't imply any guile stuff. If people like it, then they will like the power of Guile. But if they know little about Guile, they may afraid of using it when they see Guile-webframework as the name.
It's not so easy to let people accept a new language. So I think it's better to avoid such implication.

2017年12月15日 06:15,"Richard Stallman" <address@hidden>写道:
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

The program's name is and will remain GNU fdisk.

We're talking about the name of the _package_
that will contain this program and others.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.