Re: Rename GNU fdisk to GUILE diskutils

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Rename GNU fdisk to GUILE diskutils
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 11:49:46 -0500

> I'm sorry but I do not agree. Guile is not an implementation detail in
> this case. It means that the package is based on Guile. It's like xterm
> (a terminal for x window), gnome-terminal (a terminal based on the GNOME
> framework) and so on.

Hence many users who don't use Gnome won't use gnome-terminal.
Do you really want to use a name which will make users think
"Guile Diskutils ... nope, not for me, I don't use Guile".

        Stefan

PS: Also `xterm` indeed only works with the X Window System (contrary to
gnome-terminal which works fine in this here XFCE session).