Re: GNU Guile 2.2.3 released.

From: Matt Wette
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.2.3 released.
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 11:50:01 -0800

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 8:35 AM, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> We are delighted to announce GNU Guile release 2.2.3, the third bug-fix
> release in the 2.2 stable release series.

Builds fine (`make' and `make check') on MacOS 10.12.6.

Builds fine (`configure --with-bdw-gc=bdw-gc-threaded', `gmake' and `gmake
check') on FreeBSD 11.1.

Note the instructions for FreeBSD in README are a little off.
1) always install package `pkgconf'   (README implies needed only for threaded)
2) always install package `gmake'    (README implies needed only for threaded)
3) for threads, install package `boehm-gc-threaded' and `./configure
--with-bdw-gc=bdw-gc-threaded'
   else
4) for no threads,install package `boehm-gc' and  `./configure
--without-threads'

Matt