Re: Cygwin port of Guile 2.2

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Cygwin port of Guile 2.2
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 21:35:59 +0200

On Mon 01 May 2017 22:48, Derek Upham <address@hidden> writes:

> Running pthread_join() on a thread only guarantees that the thread has
> returned an exit value.

Would you mind providing a reference please?  It is not that I don't
believe you but I think it's important to know whether this is a bug in
Guile or in the pthreads implementation.

> the on_thread_exit() function has the comment
>
>   /* This handler is executed in non-guile mode. */
>
> at the top.  Can someone explain what that means and what the
> implications are?  How can I safely invoke the contained code from
> other contexts?

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Initialization.html

Basically this code is not automatically traced by GC, it can't
allocate, and it can't call (most) libguile functions.

Andy