Re: 2.2.0 release plan

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: 2.2.0 release plan
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:25:14 -0400

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> However!  Even though the code says 2.2.0 and the tag says 2.2.0, the
> release is not until Thursday.  I will not upload the tag yet.

I have just barely caught up with 2.0.x in pkgsrc, and haven't gotten to
testing 2.1.x yet.  I wonder how many platforms 2.1.x has been tested
on, and really I mean "has it been tested on other than GNU/Linux".

So if you think it's ready, I would suggest preparing a 2.2.0rc1, or
simply a new 2.1.x with the notion that aside from version numbers it's
an RC, and call for all people engaged in packaging to try to package it
as 2.2, and to give them a few weeks.

The basic issue is that getting widespread testing relies on a bunch of
people for whom hacking on guile is one little thing among many, and not
their main Free Software focus.  This is not about guile; I see this in
a vast number of projects.