2.2.0 release plan

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: 2.2.0 release plan
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:01:37 +0100

Hi,

I think we are ready to go for 2.2.0.  I am going to make a provisional
2.2.0 tag today and update the version.  I will dist a tarball and
upload to somewhere provisional.

However!  Even though the code says 2.2.0 and the tag says 2.2.0, the
release is not until Thursday.  I will not upload the tag yet.

This will give us a chance to update the web site, prepare nice release
notes, make a binary build using the new "guix pack", and test
everything out.  It could be we find some showstopper like a libtool age
issue or something.  If that's the case, we can fix it and re-spin a
release.  Since I won't have uploaded the tag, all should be good.

Thoughts welcome :)

Andy