Status of elisp support in Guile

From: Wilfred Hughes
Subject: Status of elisp support in Guile
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 22:42:17 -0400

I've noticed that NEWS in Guile trunk says:

** Complete Emacs-compatible Elisp implementation

However, I can see that there are 36 commits on the wip-elisp branch
that aren't in master. For example, defsubst support[1] seems only to
be on wip-elisp branch. It's still the case the guile-emacs docs[2]
recommend using the wip-elisp branch.

I can merge master into wip-elisp only one trivial conflict[3]. Can
anyone shed any light on the work outstanding here, and the process to
land these patches? Relatedly, what's the process for getting commit
access to Guile?

Wilfred

1: defsubst declaration:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?h=wip-elisp&id=69b80315b53d237c048afaa9692fa96f1c0a3536
and use:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?h=wip-elisp&id=9f316dd7533d2532aabbce8ee2a2c9c326e7fb91

2: guile-emacs docs: https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GuileEmacs
particularly the build instructions (which I've recently refactored):
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GuileEmacsBuild

3: conflict: 'check symbols constants uninterned'
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?h=wip-elisp&id=175b64aed21df66061e00d2a7063fc6533f08d66
seems to have been independently fixed in master 'Don't serialize
uninterned symbols'
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?id=1d72d469517ca858736bfc227d8382bfb1d84b21