Re: add command line option to quiet compiler messages

From: Tobin Harding
Subject: Re: add command line option to quiet compiler messages
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 17:05:11 +1000

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 12:01:10PM +0200, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Incidentally this change will need a documentation update as well.

I forgot the documentation in the last email.

Excuse my git noob'ness but git is telling me that doc/ref is excluded by
.gitignore, however the only two entries (referencing doc/) in .gitignore are

/doc/ref/standard-library.texi
/doc/ref/standard-libraryscmfiles

The docs came down with git clone so obviously they are known to git somehow?

I roughed up a document addition, is this the sort of thing you would like

 -- Scheme Variable: %verbose-compiler-messages
     This variable turns on/off informational messages from the
     compiler. Currently these messages output information about the
     source file and compiled file (fully qualified path names).

I thought to add it to the end of guile.info-4 (that's the section on
compiling). Are the variable index entries auto-generated or do I need to make
an addition there also?

Sorry to take up so much of you time with such a small patch :)

thanks,
Tobin.