Re: guile-lib - devel branch - patch 4 of 11

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-lib - devel branch - patch 4 of 11
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:26:35 -0300

Hello Eli,

> > 2.69 is the latest stable, available since April 2012

> If there are known problems with older versions that get in the way, I
> agree.  Are there?

Are there?

> Because people might have older versions installed, and it's a nuisance to
> have to
> upgrade unrelated tools in your development environment just because you need
> build a newer version of Guile.

I would not qualify autoconf/automake of 'unrelated' but 'essential' tools, and
would never call 'nuisance' the fact that you ask a user to be in the
'conditions'
that guarantee a proper build. I can not guarantee this proper build with
earlier
versions, I don't have time neither any wish to maintain older version of these
essential tools.

> Besides, other packages might required older versions.

Are you aware of any incompatibilities between 2.69 and earlier 2.x version(s)
of
autoconf?

David.