Re: What is needed in guildhall to include it in Guile?

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: What is needed in guildhall to include it in Guile?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 01:57:09 +0800

IMO, at least we need a convenient way to add new packages.
Of course we may send mail to an official maintainer, but it's not good
experience because folks do the work part time, most of the time they
are busy.

I may anticipate the packages amount for Guile would be increasing if we
done it properly.

And I believe we need a critical feature for "guild list-packages" to
show the actual module path, say, if I installed "rbtree" module, I
don't know how should I load it. I've tried (use-modules (rbtree)) and
(use-modules (rbtree rbtree)) but failed. It's better to show it's
module path in the information.

It's unreasonable to force users to download and read the src.

I think this feature could be put either "list-packages" or "show"
command.

Best regards.