Re: Contributions to Guile

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Contributions to Guile
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 23:06:10 +0100

> Could you look again at the feedback at
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2014-12/msg00161.html>
> and put up an example manual somewhere (thus not requiring Stylish)?  We
> can then lobby for the new CSS again.  :-)

The full relevant criticism/feedback was:

    To the best of my knowledge, you can use --html or override MAKEINFO
    or probably other things to get whatever css you want into the
    gendocs.sh output.  Feel free to do that for your own manuals.

    I don't want to change the defaults in any such wholesale way.  (I
    also don't expect you to agree with that, but that's how I feel.)

    [...]

    Sorry, I don't want to lose any more of life to CSS debating.

    [...]

I couldn’t derive anything constructive from the reply.  Or are we
talking about just changing the style for the Guile manual?  In that
case, I think we could go even further and make more drastic changes to
the CSS, in an attempt to make it “pretty” even, rather than just “a
little easier to read” (which was the sole goal of my proposed CSS).

~~ Ricardo