Re: Contributions to Guile

From: Chad Albers
Subject: Re: Contributions to Guile
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 16:28:18 -0500

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Christopher Allan Webber
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
>> Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>>> Chad Albers writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Texinfo is pretty nice to use if you're an emacs user... in fact, if
>>> you're an emacs user, it's the best documentation reading system in the
>>> world.  But not everyone's an emacs user.
>>
>> I think Texinfo is OK even if you’re not an Emacs user, no?  Especially
>> with the just-release 6.1 where menus can (finally!) be automatically
>> generated.
>>
>>> If the html export was nicely themed

IMHO, HTML has clearly won the documentation game.  I believe it goes
without saying that most developers have a web browser installed,
rather than a textinfo reader.  The more the guile project publishes
easily searchable (without google) documentation in the most
accessible media format the better for guile.
--
Chad Albers